Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

No Chicken Soup Needed

Lemme splain... No, I don't mean I don't believe in nourishment for the soul, in terms of chicken soup symbolism. I firmly believe in daily nourishment, and for me, I prefer something like Hafiz.

And no, I don't have anything against Chicken Soup for the Soul books. I can't say I don't enjoy a heart warming syrupy recollection every now and again.

I simply mean, my soul is not sick. And it desires texture and the deepest of inquiry. When I say espresso, you say LIT UP. Here, I invite a space for acceleration on the most direct path. And I don't mean direct, as in linear. I mean a turning toward...THAT right there which most calls your attention. Yes, even that. And especially that!

But, if we're talking about actual elixirs that rev up my soul, a celery, apple, spinach, parsley, mint, ginger & lime juice will deliver a high speed sustainable ride, as opposed to the crash and burn of caffeine. While just the tiniest touch of espresso may certainly light the fire under my ass, I find caffeine aggravating to my vata tendencies, the airy and unstable constitution in Ayurvedic medicine. But, lets face it, espresso for the soul makes a better point of it.

1 comment:

  1. "My soul is not sick" that is brilliant. I never thought about the chicken soup concept like that before.

    ReplyDelete