Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Wow, you've got a beautiful smile! But, I'm afraid I have some bad news..."

...the reassuring words of a boss, just before cluing me in to my termination with the company, today. But, this 'bad' news didn't exactly resonate with me. My stunning smile and feelings of happiness grew uncontrollably as I realized- it's about to get EVEN better. So, I dive right in and take bait.

I'm with you, Universe! Lets go!

Scaling the epic Nob Hill of San Francisco, just minutes before, I began to prepare myself for this highly anticipated meeting. Heading toward the top-rated spa where I (used to) work, I drop down for a check in. I feel the distinct sensation of warm, demanding pressure, wispy cloud lightness, and expansive sky.colored space inside my throat. All of these sensations together feel like a tiny helium balloon is living inside my neck. My relaxed body below dangles, hovering above ground and streaming, like colored ribbon tied on a child's balloon. My legs, travel smoothly, like underwater scuba kicks. glub glub. But, all my attention and focus is pulled to my throat now, as its determination carries me along. My head discreetly bobs atop the mini.model of the ever.expanding universe, projected inside my neck.

So, in an ongoing massage client relationship, after working with a specific place of tension in the body, a person's complaint area often begins to shift around, as the client's body opens and he or she becomes aware of where else tension is held. Similar to this phenomenon in bodywork, the experience of unyielding pressure and expansion continues to creep up my energetic body, inching higher and higher, as I surrender to its push. In either case, I say, things are moving. This is a good thing.

Is this spiritual evolution [cant wait!]?

Things are moving at an accelerated pace for me, and a friend from work reiterates this thought bubble as I share the fresh news with him on the way out. "This place is a way station. You've got other things going on, right? Yeah, everyone here does. Some move through faster. Some move through slower," he reminds me.
way station (n.)
:a station between principal stations on a route.

Let me remind of you just HOW accelerated (or how often) things in my life are moving. In the preceding year, I have lived in at least nine different abodes. The map below outlines each place with its numbered order, location, and accompanying catch phrase.



View Cribs in SF in a larger map.


Home, today, feels like this:
::::::::::A place where I can play sleepy for a bit.
:::::::::Safe. Quiet.
:::::::::::My legs glow in negative colors, tonal inversion.
::::::::::::::A place to go and grow inside.
:::::::::::Sweet cottony cocoon.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. I love that you take the negative and make it a positive. Way station jobs are nothing to be sad about losing, it is definitely a good thing to be set free of them so we can get to the final destination faster. I've had such a similar experience. Stayed at a crap job for 3 years hating it more every day but didn't want to risk not having income. Finally I got the balls to quit and immediately went on a road trip around the states for a month and started to figure out what direction I actually wanted to take in life. We need the way stations but sometimes we get stuck there for too long and miss our train, needing a push to get us back on it.

    ReplyDelete